Explore the World with Judy!
During an Artistic Artifacts Travel Creative Retreat with Judy Gula, enjoy a vacation filled with art classes, tours, wonderful cuisine and more! Explore exciting international destinations as you learn new creative techniques, witness handcrafted products being manufactured in behind the scene visits to local factories and studios, partake in private tours of local historic sites, museums — and so much more!
- After two sessions in 2023, Judy and Liz Kettle return to Italy in September — reservations/deposits must be made by March 2024.
- We have two exciting 2024 textile tours with Aahilya Holidays, visiting Indonesia and a return to India!
Domestically, mark your calendar for our second annual Creative Minds Summit, April 19, 20 & 21, 2024!
By popular demand, Liz Kettle, Gwen Lafleur and Libby Williamson will be returning for our second edition, joining Judy for what promises to be another amazing event!
If you want to learn from some of the best, our shop in Alexandria, VA is your destination for three days of exclusive mixed media classes! We’ll have more information for you soon — watch our newsletter (if you’re not already a subscriber, click here) and social media channels for updates.The Textile Tour of Indonesia: May 1 – 16, 2024
Indonesia is home to a wide variety of traditional textiles such as batik, ikat and more, each with its own unique history and cultural significance. Visit traditional textile villages, meet the artisans who make these textiles, and learn about the history and significance of them during this exciting tour opportunity! The Textile Tour of Indonesia with Judy Gula, May 1–16, 2024 will include time in Yogyakarta, Solo and Bali and is offered by Aahilya Holidays — Judy has worked with Isha Sharma, a director with Aahilya, for years!
Highlights of The Textile Tour of Indonesia with Judy Gula include the following. Visit Aahilya Holidays for a detailed itinerary and complete information and to join Judy on this exciting opportunity!
- Visit to famous temples and textile museums
- Participate in 2 Batik printing workshop
- Natural Dyeing workshop
- Village experiences – see farming, weaving, cooking, traditional houses and everyday life
- Puppet making workshop
- Visit to traditional weavers
- Experience local culture and cuisine
- 2 leisure days to enjoy sunshine at the Sanur Beach
- Textile expert accompanying guide during the tour
Learn more about the Textile Tour of Indonesia with Judy Gula, arranged through Aahilya Holidays.Italy Creative Retreat — Creating a Sense of Place: September 7-15, 2024
Judy and Liz Kettle of Textile Evolution team up for "Capturing a Sense of Place" retreat, returning to Ischia di Castro in Northern Italy! Artistic Artifacts works with Lewis Gautieri of Italian Cultural Tours to bring these one of a kind trips to you. Interested in joining us in September, 2024? Email Italian Cultural Tours to contact Lewis!
Ischia di Castro, located approximately 55 miles (90 kilometers) northwest of Rome in the northernmost area of Lazio. Rich in history, it is strategically located to many fascinating cities, historic archaeological sites such as the ancient Etruscan city of Castro, and bodies of water. Contact Lewis Gautieri for assistance and personalized attention. Note: once you email, you will receive an automated reply that you’re on the list of interested people. You will be contacted with additional information as soon as it is available. Lewis will be happy to assist you with flight recommendations, customized tours, spouse activities, extended stay options and more.Textile Trail Of Himachal & Punjab: November 21 – December 8, 2024
Join Judy as she returns to India with the Textile Trail Of Himachal & Punjab, visiting new sites and artisans, including a visit to Dharamshala, the center of the Tibetan world in India! One of Himachal Pradesh’s most irresistible destinations and located in the upper reaches of the Kangra Valley, Dharamsala is famous as the home of the exiled Dalai Lama. After your arrival in New Dehli, you will visit Amritsar and Dalhousie on your way to Dharamshala; then enjoy stops in Manali, Shimla and Kalka as you journey back to Dehli to fly home. Coordinated by Aahilya Holiday, this exciting opportunity will take place November 21–December 8, 2024.
Textile Trail Of Himachal & Punjab with Judy Gula includes the following highlights. Visit Aahilya Holidays for a detailed itinerary and complete information and plan to join Judy as she returns to India!
- Visit to Golden temple, partition museum and Jalianwalan Bagh
- Participate in Phulkari and Chamba Rumal embroidery workshop
- Participate in Thangka painting workshop
- Demonstration on pottery
- Visit to Kangra Fort, Dalai Lama Temple and famous monasteries in Dharamshala
- Sightseeing tour of Manali and visit to see famous Kullu Shawl Weaving
- Explore Shimla visiting ViceRegal Lodge, Shimla Museum and enjoy the joy ride on UNESCO's famous mountain railway journey of Shimla
- Visit Craft Museum and explore Dilli Haat
Learn more about the Textile Trail Of Himachal & Punjab with Judy Gula, arranged through Aahilya Holidays.