Artistic Artifacts Class/Workshop Policies
Our classes and events are in-person and take place in our shop in Alexandria, VA unless otherwise specified. Due to the size or other requirements of the class or concurrent scheduling, some of our classes take place in our second-floor space, with access via stairs only.
Class registrations should be processed online and made a minimum of one week in advance. While Artistic Artifacts is happy to accommodate last-minute registrations if possible, we must unfortunately cancel our classes/workshops if a minimum number of participants have not registered by one week prior to the class. Registering early is also necessary, and a courtesy, to allow our instructors adequate time to prepare their class handouts, kits and supplies.
Please add sales@ArtisticArtifacts.com to your email contacts/safe list, or periodically monitor your spam/junk folder, to ensure that you receive all pertinent class communications and notices. Your class description may indicate a different email address for your instructor for direct questions.
Unless otherwise specified, our classes and events are in-person and take place in our shop in Alexandria, VA. Due to the size of the class or our event scheduling, some of our classes take place in our second-floor space. Please note that access is via stairs only.
Your payment will be processed at the time you register online.
Cancelling Your Registration
In the event you must cancel your registration, email sales@ArtisticArtifacts.com. When doing so, request confirmation that your email has been sent and received.
We will only process a refund, less a $10.00 cancellation fee, under the following circumstances:
- You notify us of your cancellation at least a week prior to the class;
- Registrations processed through our secure online shop will be refunded back to the payment credit card or Paypal account, less the $10.00 cancellation fee. If you registered and paid for your class while shopping in our Alexandria, VA shop, refund transactions must take place in person, and you must have the same credit card used for payment on hand. Alternatively, store credit can be issued.
- Artistic Artifacts reserves the right to cancel a class if a minimum number of 6 students is not met. You will be notified in advance and your enrollment fee refunded in full.
When possible, workshop supply lists are part of the class description or downloadable PDF. In some cases, you will be emailed by the instructor with supply information prior to the date of the class. If you have questions about the supplies necessary for your class, please email: sales@ArtisticArtifacts.com.
Your class enrollment entitles you to a 10% in-store discount* on purchases required for the class and on the day of the class. Please mention the class discount when checking out. (* Discount excludes future class registrations and BERNINA/bernette sewing machines.)
If your class requires use your own sewing machine, please make sure that it is in good working order and you are familiar with its use prior to the class. Remember to bring any required accessories and your power cord! For those who do not sew often, we advise that you practice setting up your machine and testing its use before the class. This is to assure that the instructor is able to focus on teaching the course content.
Inclement Weather Policy
We do not always follow local school closing announcements. There can be many changes in the course of the day, and our instructors may come from areas that may experience different weather conditions. Please check our Facebook page for announcements.
Expectations of Attendees
- As a member of the Alexandria business community, Artistic Artifacts continues to follow the Covid-19 policies and guidance provided by the city. Please respect the decisions your fellow students and instructors make regarding wearing a facemask.
- Plan to arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled class time to allow for set up of your work space. Also be prepared to finish on time.
- Be considerate of the instructor and others in the class by not monopolizing the instructors time and/or providing your own interpretation of the instructor's techniques, unless asked.
- Refrain from carrying on private conversations while the instructor is teaching, from discussing personal matters, and/or taking phone calls. These should all be handled outside the classroom.
- The shop has a kitchen with a refrigerator and microwave. When using the kitchen, you must clean up the utensils used.
- In consideration of others, please refrain from wearing scented perfumes, colognes, creams, etc.
- Because classroom space is limited, we ask that you bring only the supplies necessary for the class.
- Photos may be taken during the class for promotional purposes and to share on social media. Please advise the instructor and/or staff photographer if you do not want to be included in any photos; we are happy to respect your wishes.